The AMBA in 2016 established the Educational Outreach Program in celebration of manufacturers who work to engage young people in the manufacturing industry. AMBA member companies were asked to submit a description with photos showcasing efforts made with local schools, along with programs for students to raise awareness and build interest in the moldmaking industry.
Mold Craft, Inc. showcased our mission to enlighten community perception of the potential of modern manufacturing and foster interest in manufacturing careers showing the sector value to the economic health of America by connecting with business, legislature, community and our educational system reaching next generation workers.
Mold Craft, Inc. regularly attends Job Fairs at various locations around Minneapolis and St Paul in support of trade schools such as UW-Stout and Dunwoody College Career Fairs. Mold Craft, Inc. has developed relationships to cover very specific needs with the local high schools in our area. Each of the schools has their own agenda that we focus on to come alongside their curriculum.
- Mahtomedi High School Fab Lab—Mold Craft provides industry input by hosting 90+ students per year for tours, hosting MFG Day tours for 30 engaged students and come along side one high school senior as their mentor for the Capstone Program to design and develop an idea over the entire school year.
- Stillwater High School Metals Technology—In school presentations to 30 to 60 students per year. Host elementary students and teachers for manufacturing tours. Host 30+ students for MFG Day and put on our Career Exploration Summer Program for teachers and counselors providing tours and explanations of what precision manufacturing and mold making is all about.
- White Bear Lake High School Manufacturing Career Pathways—
- Industry representative to help initiate the program.
- Provided input to machines and software that would help prepare students to be fully employable right out of high school using the same machines and software we use in industry.
- Attend Manufacturing Showcase Program with display booth for both parents and students to show them precision mold making.
- Sit on 5 person question/answer panel for students, parents, teachers, guidance counselors, principals, etc. to inquire about the manufacturing field and our company.
- Host 30+ of the most focused and engaged students to attend our MFG Day open house.